Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread: 3/2 WPT

PFO Points

Default 3/2 WPT

Watched it last night, Sum thought....

The Lay downs John J. made were GREAT! I dont think I could of. ( he had AQ vs AK after MUCH pre flop action) To bad he did not do better as I think he Is the best of that bunch.

Scotty Ngyn (sp?) Looked like he was hungover when it started. He was drinking what looked to be coffee at 1st, He called John's All-in with A9 in like two sec. IMO a VERY bad play. I think he played VERY poorley from what they showed. Also I have read in MANY places that some of the High Profiels Tourny players are always broke and HAVE to have backers, I truly belive they are referring to Scotty , just MO.

That bald guy Mr ALL IN , did not like his play, It worked out for him as he got 2nd, but the way he played AK on the button ( all in for 700K for a pot of 100K) was bad, He got VERY lucky Scotty found AQ in his hand, No way Scotty can put someone on AK so he called and lost , but I would think most of times that bet wins blinds and nothing else. He also play very poorly HU, Too aggrisve and left him self no out on most of the hands.

Mr Carter Was too weak tight, Some of the things he did made me wonder if had ever played, But IMO did very well for the style he played.

The Guy who won Played VERY solid poker. Loved his HU game.

One other thing that bugs me about TV tournys, Is why do they have so many chips on table, cant they color them up?? Am I missing somthing?
    It is strange the way the ignorant and inexperienced so often and so undeservedly succeed when the informed and the experienced fail.

PFO Points

IF the blinds/antes are of certain size, then you need to keep chips of the largest denomination capable of makng those blinds/antes. Therefore, if the tourny has progressed rather quickly (as the field has thinned) but the blinds are still small, then your stuck with lots of chips on the table.

EXTREME hypothetical, but imagine if all but 5 players were knocked out, within a few hours, of a tourny with about 10 million TC in play. You'd have 5 guys with 2mil each in all Green since the blinds were only 50/100.
    Luck is a Residue of Design.

PFO Points

"EXTREME hypothetical, but imagine if all but 5 players were knocked out, within a few hours, of a tourny with about 10 million TC in play. You'd have 5 guys with 2mil each in all Green since the blinds were only 50/100.""

Why?? Can't they just leave them a rnormal amount of the Low chips and color up the rest?
    It is strange the way the ignorant and inexperienced so often and so undeservedly succeed when the informed and the experienced fail.

Command Sergeant Major
    PFO Points

Totally agree...Juanda made some incredibly good reads in tough situations...and still finished 4th. Nguyen had an overwhelming stack lead to start the night and still managed to bleed it away...tangling with the second-largest stack at the table on hand one or two was probably the last thing to do from a strategic standpoint, but I guess he was looking to send a message or something.

The one hand I didn't get at all was when Lee (2nd place) had 10-4 of hearts (or maybe it was 10-6)...and the flop came K-2-K...can't remember what the turn was (did NOT put 2 hearts on the board though) but calling the 500,000 bet made no sense to me. If you think he's bluffing, don't you re-raise there and try to take the hand away...and if you don't think he's bluffing, why do you call in the first place?
    :cool:

To be successful in business, surround yourself with professionals. To be successful in poker, surround yourself with idiots.

PFO Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    but I guess he was looking to send a message or something.
    Or Hungover

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    The one hand I didn't get at all was when Lee (2nd place) had 10-4 of hearts (or maybe it was 10-6)...and the flop came K-2-K...can't remember what the turn was (did NOT put 2 hearts on the board though) but calling the 500,000 bet made no sense to me. If you think he's bluffing, don't you re-raise there and try to take the hand away...and if you don't think he's bluffing, why do you call in the first place?
    That hand made me LOL
    The other one was John and mr carter HU John Raised PF Carter called, both have nothing, John leads out on flop of all spades, Mr Carter calles with no spade no hand no draw, I figure he is setting up bluff, Turn John Cks (weekness!!) Mr Carter has the play PERFECTLY set up and he Cks!!! John Fires out on river and wins pot! Why call flop bet if u wont bluff at this pot?

Lieutenant Colonel Announced Tilt's Avatar
    PFO Points

That was Gabe Kaplan in that hand. Who is Carter? LOL

Daniel Negreanu
    PFO Points

You know, Welcome Back Carter. It was on right after that show Kotter Country.

Hannle it Roy, hannle it hannle it.

Command Sergeant Major
    PFO Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland OH B&M
    That hand made me LOL
    The other one was John and mr carter HU John Raised PF Carter called, both have nothing, John leads out on flop of all spades, Mr Carter calles with no spade no hand no draw, I figure he is setting up bluff, Turn John Cks (weekness!!) Mr Carter has the play PERFECTLY set up and he Cks!!! John Fires out on river and wins pot! Why call flop bet if u wont bluff at this pot?
    Yeah, I forgot about that hand. Kaplan (Kotter) did have the play set up perfectly but then couldn't pull the trigger when he needed to.

I guess the other comment I didn't fully understand was Vince's remark on the JJ vs. AK hand where Juanda was knocked out. I don't remember the exact progression of the play but John (with the jacks) had raised to like 85K...Lee came back over the top with a reraise to around 300K as I recall. Juanda pushed all-in and then lost when an ace hit on the turn. After the hand Vince made the comment that Juanda could have just called, and then pushed all-in on the ragged flop and probably taken the hand away.

Unless my chip counts were off, Juanda only had 700-750K to start the hand so the re-raise was for about half his stack. Personally I'd never even consider smooth calling the re-raise with JJ in this position...is there anyone who would consider the smooth call here?
    :cool:

To be successful in business, surround yourself with professionals. To be successful in poker, surround yourself with idiots.

Im just glad the new season is on...

I have most of last season memorized :P

I really liked JJ's over the top moves.

Lieutenant Colonel Announced Tilt's Avatar
    PFO Points

Wow, why did that take explanation?

Thread Information