Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hardest month ever.

Name:  Captura de pantalla 2014-03-02 a las 06.42.22.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  16.4 KB

I played daily during a couple of weeks in January before going to work planning to build up a roll in 2014. Grinded up to around 430$ mixing 3,50$s and 7$s. Was going quite good.

But when February started, I simply couldn't have a single winning session. I've never lost so many times in a row. So when I had around 200$ left i moved down to only 3,50$s. When I had 100$ I moved down to 1,50$s. I was constantly losing flips and min cashing.

I was finding the post-flop in 1,50$s too nonsense so I moved to turbos (18man and 9man). Played around 1000-2000 games in a couple of days, getting called by crazy hands in final tables. It seemed almost impossible to win 1st place.

I was quite calm, like "bah, i was ahead preflop, its just variance", but at some point while buying-in for more games I had this "do you want to make a fast deposit?" pop up window cos I didn't have anything left except what was on the tables.

Luckily when my bankroll was around 30$ I discovered the 70fpp and 210fpp Sunday Storm Satellites and grinded a 200$ bankroll back in one evening. I wonder why wouldn't I hear about those in the first place???

Anybody else is using their FPPs that way?

I think I'm sick of this. Whatever I do I end up on negative in the long term whenever I step out of the 3,50$s.

I'm in the point when I'm not sure if I'm just really really bad and don't notice. For me, it seems like it's all losing all-ins. Maybe I'm missing something or I'm too blind.

How big has your biggest downswing been of?
    Last edited by Baphomet_; March 1st, 2014 at 03:21 PM.

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

It may not be your all in hands, but the fact that you have to rely on being all in so often that may be the issue. My recent lessons is playing a slightly higher variance game in the earlier and middle stages. Being a reformed TAG who made it to the bubble quit often in the past. Whether I scored well in the MTT depended on me having luck at the bubble. But I was moving all in several times with a short stack hoping to get through. In reality, no matter how strong your hand was, if you are having to do this 5 to 10 times to get through the bubble, odds are you are going to lose one of them.

But by learning to accumulate chips along the way, I don;t get to the bubble as often as I did in the past, but now, my stack is large enough when i do to sustain 1 or 2 or more bad beats. And when those bad beats don't happen, I go through with a stack and can target the final table and a deep run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Little View Post
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

PFO Points

I'm on my worst downswing to date too, though just this week I've leveled off a bit with a few $100-150ish cashes to at least break even and start clawing my way back. But since my last big cash ($3000) at the beginning of December, I've given back about $2000 of it. In the past my worst downswings were just a bit over $1000.

But my wife just got a fortune cookie that says "You will discover a new source of income," so clearly I'm going to take down the Sunday 8 Million tomorrow and that'll fix things right up.
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachar
    Honestly didn t read OP I just got to say xopods is right on the money
    I design board & card games!: http://www.benefactum.ca

Super Moderator
    PFO Points

Need lessons...?

PFO Points

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet_ View Post
    Anybody else is using their FPPs that way?
    I use mine for tournament tickets directly (either saving for a Sunday Million ticket to play myself, or if I'm doing a BAP, on whatever BAP event I have enough points for at the time, thereby effectively converting to cash since I'm playing the event anyway and can now just pocket the buy-in), but yeah, one way or another, tournaments are the best use for FPPs, whether cashing in for tickets or playing satellites. Better conversion rate than just taking cash, as long as it's a tournament you're interested in playing anyway.

Yeah, I can't believe I was buying sometimes those 1000 FPPs 10$ rewards. Crazy!

I'm going to play only 6 tables at the time this March at the 3,50$ and see how it goes. I'm going to set myself the goal of uploading a graph going back up to the "break-even line" in the above graph in this threat.

Good luck in the Sunday Million Xopods!

PFO Points
    Blog Entries

I always play the 210 fpps I think they are the beat low stake value SATs and they have low variance. For reg 9 man sngs I have had 40 buy in downswings a couple of times. Its worth noting that turbo tournaments will have higher variance and therefore wider swings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Xopods probably just fires up another WSOP Main Event

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet_ View Post
    Yeah, I can't believe I was buying sometimes those 1000 FPPs 10$ rewards. Crazy!

I'm going to play only 6 tables at the time this March at the 3,50$ and see how it goes. I'm going to set myself the goal of uploading a graph going back up to the "break-even line" in the above graph in this threat.

Good luck in the Sunday Million Xopods!
    Your bankroll is too small to 6 table $3.50s. The minimum bankroll required 6 tabling $3.50s is about $430.00.

The way you determine bankroll for multi-tabling is that you multiply the square root of the number of tables you are playing by the buy in by that result to determine your base investment.

So if you are playing with a 50 buy in rule (which is the risky number) you don't even have enough bankroll to play 2 tables. If you want to play 6 tables with this bankroll, you need to drop down to $1.50 or lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Little View Post
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

Daniel Negreanu
    PFO Points

why is there a bankroll difference between single tabling and six-tabling?

PFO Points

Because you can't play six tables as well as you can play one table. Your expected ROI goes down when multi-tabling, and the closer to 0% it is, the more variance affects you.

Thread Information