Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

Default My worst bad beat ever

I need to vent somewhere. I chose here due to the fact that this is the most unlikely place that it will get back to my wife.

We have been together for 8 years now. We have a 7 year old son. During the first two years of our relationship my wife battled drug addiction. She had been clean for 6 years.

My daytime job is a manager for a real estate investor. I help obtain properties for him to purchase and flip or turn into a rental property. For the properties that remain as a rental property, I find the tenants, sign the leases, collect the rents, and the other managerial duties.

Recently she had a relapse. In her latest episode, she entered my safe and took the rent deposits. She took so much that I had to use my entire poker bankroll to cover the shortage. Every dime of my bankroll that I worked for the past 14 months building is gone. I am so pissed. I've been depressed, angry, everything. The whole gamut of emotions.

On the surface I am attempting to keep everything looking ordinary, mostly for my son, as he doesn't need to know.

In early March, I gave her an ultimatum, get treatment or go. She has been in treatment, and I am living up to my end of the bargain. As long as she is complying with the treatment she will be allowed to remain in our home. In all reality, I am hoping she is successful. It really would the best for my son to grow up with two healthy parents. But I also realize, he cannot go through that life if she chooses that is her path.

So now I have to re-plan my year and my goals. My first goal is to now get out of the debt she caused, then to somehow find extra money that will not come out of our budget to try to scrape back a bankroll. but in the meantime, continue studying and play a few small MTTs online to practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Little View Post
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

PFO Points
    Blog Entries

IF you want Joe ill have a word with Team Moshman if ya wanna get back up and running. No promises but let me know.Sorry to hear about all this mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Xopods probably just fires up another WSOP Main Event

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

I've had a couple recent requests that I've had to turn down, including coaching requests and recording vids for FTT. As with those, I do not want to take on any extra responsibilities right now until I know how this all turns out. Currently, while she is in treatment, I am a single father and that is taking up alot of my time. Any commitment with Team Moshman would, I presume, mean a minimum volume per week, which I cannot commit to at this time.

However, thank you very much for the offer. If things work out in a few months, I may take you up on this then.
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

PFO Points
    Blog Entries

No problem mate. We are a community here
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Xopods probably just fires up another WSOP Main Event

Sergeant First Class
    PFO Points

So sorry JJ - I know everyone on the site is heartbroken for you.....thank you for all of the time and energy you give us answering all of our questions and working out the maths for us when you are going through such a difficult time.

PFO Points

Fucking hell, man.

You might want to reconsider the suggestion I made before of doing a BAP. You won't need to raise as large a sum if the goal is just to get back to your old games rather than to move up.
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachar
    Honestly didn t read OP I just got to say xopods is right on the money
    I design board & card games!: http://www.benefactum.ca

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xopods View Post
    Fucking hell, man.

You might want to reconsider the suggestion I made before of doing a BAP. You won't need to raise as large a sum if the goal is just to get back to your old games rather than to move up.
    That might be an idea when i'm ready to get back to playing.

PFO Points

Quote Originally Posted by jjpregler View Post
    That might be an idea when i'm ready to get back to playing.
    Yeah. Take your time. Playing poker when you're on life tilt isn't a good idea, whether with your own money or others'.
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachar
    Honestly didn t read OP I just got to say xopods is right on the money
    I design board & card games!: http://www.benefactum.ca

Super Moderator
    PFO Points

Reminds me to ask- anyone know any good divorce attorneys in Tampa?

Master Sergeant
    PFO Points

Sorry to here about all this JJ,
    Your doing all you can for your wife and son.
    I hope your wife gets clean and you can rebuild things.

Thread Information