Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sergeant Major
    PFO Points

Default IS IT JUST ME???

So I come here and have a look at the posts every day or every 2nd day or so (having cut down on posting myself) to see what I can learn or not and I observe a definate decrease in traffic since I joined. Some catagories go days even weeks before posts happen and the questions beg to be asked.

Why are the people not joining/ why do they leave?

PFO Points

The first part of your post answers your question. A lot of people look without posting so it looks like there can be low activity at times. I try to post whenever I can add something short. It is difficult to do long posts in the breaks I get to check the site on my phone.
    ​Poker is not about simply playing your cards in a fundamentally sound manner. -Jonathan Little

PFO Points

BetOnline Promo

A lack of posts since YOU joined?? I haven't posted regularly in what, 7 years? So in those first 3 years i racked up around 9500 posts. That's about 8.2 a day. And most of those were in response to others. That's not counting the 2500 or so I had on the previous forum a lot of our previous "core" members used to frequent before it went to shit. There was a time when, gather round children, this was one of the hottest poker forums on the net.

Why the decline? 2 reasons. Lack of games and the poker craze has faded. The online market has dried up for the US, and the poker craze has faded, resulting in less charity and home games. The games have gotten harder too, as the fish have dried up over the years, and less new players are coming into the fold. Less new players, less players willing to learn.
    Last edited by Marm; June 18th, 2014 at 05:57 AM.
    Luck is a Residue of Design.

Thread Information