Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sergeant
    PFO Points

Default Rivered Royal vs Rivered Full house

Couldn't find a glory corner on here, but wanted to post my microstakes poker glory moment

Full Ring 9 players - 25nl

UTG+3 98bb -

Hero (Cutoff) 100.3bb

UTG+3 - Raises 3.5bb
    Hero (Cutoff) calls

Everyone else including blinds folds

Flop -

UTG+3 Checks
    Hero bets 5.5bb
    UTG+3 raises 13.5bb
    Hero calls

Pot 28.5bb

Turn:

UTG+3 bets 20bb
    Hero calls

Pot 68.5bb

River:

UTG+3 Bets 60.2 bb (All in)

Hero takes full 30 seconds allowed time to think
    Hero uses time bank and uses up another 23 seconds in his time bank
    Hero calls

Pot (after rake): 190bb $47.45

UTG+3 shows Full house
    Hero shows Royal Straight Flush

One of the reasons I called the sizeable turn bet was because I get a 50bb bonus from bovada if I make my royal when I have 2 hole cards to make a royal might have been a sizeable mistake with potential for disaster in most any other circumstances, but with the royal bonus I went for it anyways.
    Last edited by JimmyS1985; October 10th, 2014 at 02:48 PM.

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

You should be ashamed for slow rolling the river call. That is just bad etiquette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Little View Post
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

PFO Points

Yeah, slow-rolling is a shitty thing to do. I say this as someone who can talk a lot of trash online at times. I can definitely be a dick when I'm in a bad mood but I'd never slow-roll the nuts like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachar
    Honestly didn t read OP I just got to say xopods is right on the money
    I design board & card games!: http://www.benefactum.ca

Sergeant
    PFO Points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vODtgUYmQk0

^I had watched a poker player the day before on youtube slowroll mike matusow and tilted mike got really upset that the guy slowrolled quads. I thought it was a legitimate tool in poker strategy to put your opponent on tilt and win me more money later on. I didn't know it was so heavily frowned upon, I thought it was part of the strategy and psychology of the game.

I don't slowroll a lot of hands that some players might, I don't slowroll AA PF when all in shoved into, or a nut straight or a nut flush. I basically only do it with quads or better. I just didn't know it was really that frowned upon, I thought after all it's only a card game.
    Last edited by JimmyS1985; October 14th, 2014 at 07:50 PM.

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS1985 View Post
    I don't slowroll a lot of hands that some players might,
    Your reply should I don't slow roll ever.
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

PFO Points

Sounds like you didn't know how disgusting it is to slow roll with the nuts, so no hard feelings this time. I only hope that the generations growing up with this new communication/interaction medium learn to use it responsibly.

In the video maybe Shawn was doing it for the camera, they're under instruction to make things interesting... you know ratings and all. Still a dick move.
    "People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, they make them." - George Bernard Shaw

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

I watched that video today. That was definitely a dick move. It is just to mock and humiliate Mike. He knows he's busting the other player, which is hard enough on the other player but to mock him and rub his nose in it like that just makes him a super dick in my book.

If he did that to me, I may have been removed in handcuffs.

PFO Points

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS1985 View Post
    I thought it was a legitimate tool in poker strategy to put your opponent on tilt and win me more money later on.
    It isn't. In fact it tends to make the fish leave the game.
    ​Poker is not about simply playing your cards in a fundamentally sound manner. -Jonathan Little

Thread Information