Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PFO Points

Default should i call or fold to a 3bet from a tight player?

Hi Jonathan,

I played a local £50 buy in 25 clock tournament. at blinds 800/1600, I had 55k on the HJ, open raised with AhQh, Villain on the button is a tight aggressive player, he 3bet to 12k, a player in the sb shoved his last 8k(he just lost his chip the previous hand). I knew Villains range had me crashed, i thought about my options, 4 bet is out of question, flat call out of position and with a hand probably was dominated by his range, therefore i folded and showed table. the villain tabled Ak.

afterwards, I thought about the hands again with the maths, after his 3bet and sb shoved, the pot was about 28k, to me 8.5k to call 36.5k, the odds was 4.3 to 1, so i need 18% equity, AQs has 28-30% equity vs his range, what would you do? Jonathan, was it right play to flat according to the maths?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Many thanks

PFO Points

I think one of the biggest issues with new players not knowing when to 3bet is not getting tonnes of hand histories for there HUD's. As in going to sites like hhdealer.com and using there hand histories for your benefit.

Thread Information