Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sergeant
    PFO Points

Default Straight Flush over Straight Flush - How can I find a fold here?

If it wasn't for the Bad Beat bonus which is only a measly 100bb at bovada, folding would have probably been the most profitable play.

I realize I played this hand rather passively given how strong my draw was but I've been sick the past 2 days with digestive problems and it's really been affecting my play at the tables as evidenced in this hand as well as several others the past 2 days.

Villain MP1 - 88bb
    Hero BB - 100bb

I get delt 7s8s

MP1 PFR's 3bb, folds to me in the BB, I call

Flop comes 7d9s10s
    BB checks MP1 raises 4bb, BB Calls, pot is now 14.5bb
    turn is Qc
    BB checks MP1 raises 12bb, BB calls, pot is now 38.5bb
    River is Js
    I thought this was a total gin card for me, but I had really no idea that I was essentially drawing dead short of any non-spade 6 on the turn. I mean I'll be outright honest, not lying, that I thought I had the best hand when the Jack of Spades hit on the river.
    BB raises 20bb or about half pot
    MP1 shoves his remaining stack in, when I call, there is 176bb in the pot.

I called, and you know what he shows up with? Ks Qs

I think a better player could have found a fold somewhere in there, but based on how the hand played out any ideas on how I could have played it better and maybe even gotten away from the hand when he shoved river?

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

I'll check in to see the ensuing discussion tomorrow. I have deleted my comments three times, since they were a bit on the harsh side. Maybe I'll be a little more generous tomorrow when I look at this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Little View Post
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

PFO Points

Fold hands like this preflop if your only plan is to check/call hoping to hit a draw.

Post flop your question is rediculous to the point I know you are trolling the forum again.
    Since you like cars I will give you question just like this post. I came to a stop light at a very busy intersection and stopped as it was red. I saw a car approaching from behind and wasn't sure if they would stop. At the last second they stopped and I took a sigh of relief. Then there was a loud bang. I was rear ended and my car was totaled. The truck behind them didn't stop. At what point should I have decided to run the red light?

If this is a serious question I would advise you to stop playing poker. It doesn't seem to be a healthy game for you.
    ​Poker is not about simply playing your cards in a fundamentally sound manner. -Jonathan Little

Sergeant
    PFO Points

I just kinda thought about it last night, and with the bad beat bonus and only 1 hand combination out of 1326 beating me, no one is ever really folding there EVER.

I been getting coolered left and right lately, been driving me crazy, had to share it on here. Since I purged my data since my bankroll dropped below $2,000, my EV is above my winnings, but my winnings is close to 10 buy ins below my EV. Not sure what I'm doing wrong because the All in EV line says I'm consistently getting the money in when I'm favored to win the hand. It might be helping my red line as well since shoves do from time to time fold out the villains equity share in the hand.

PFO Points

BetOnline Promo

Yea, what? Full table of 9? Could have folded pf, I would have called flop, could have folded turn, but on river you are more than happy to get it all in. When you see his higher straight flush, tap the table and tell him legitimately "nice hand". The specific situation is rare, but generally stuff like it happens all the time.
    "People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, they make them." - George Bernard Shaw

Thread Information