Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Private
    PFO Points

Default Poker with firends in Uk

HI guys ! I'm sorry because i'm not really used to talking english (Yeah i from france )! But im trying to give my best.

I have a question about the poker with friends in uk ? Is it legal ?
    If i organize a party at my home (bristol)... (of course money is in the game). I have chance to risk something ?

If someone can explain to me how does it work in Uk or give me a link with the legal informations that will be great !

Thank you very much !

Private
    PFO Points

Hey Junah,

I've been playing in the UK at home games for a while and never had any issue with it.

This is from the UK gambling commission: http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk...r-at-home.aspx

As a home player myself I found asking people to bring their own beer stopped the host having to pay high costs too.

Private
    PFO Points

BetOnline Promo

This is a reply about the legality of poker, well sort of...
    I've just read a really good book on Amazon Kindle about home games and poker clubs. It was funny and easy to read and it was about real poker players, i.e. people who play for fun and how not to lose too much! The book was called "Bad Beat Hotel".

Thread Information