Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sergeant First Class
    PFO Points

Default Should I have been a nit?

30 players left in the tournament, top 10 get paid. Been completely card dead at a tough table and didn't have many opportunities to steal.

Stack sizes:

Villian $14,000 (14 BB) (UTG+2)
    Hero $21,000 (21BB) Cutoff
    Button about $20,000
    SB about $12,000
    BB about $15,000

Level 500/1000 $100 ante, pot has $2500 with the blinds and antes (10 handed table)

UTG+2 Limps (been limping all day with most of his range)
    Folded around to Hero who has (6h6d)

Thought process:

Option 1: If I call here, any of the remaining three players can jam pretty easily to go after the dead money. I hate limping with this stack size.

Option 2: Reraise small (4BB). If Button, SB, or BB pushes, see what UTG+2 does. If he snap calls, easy fold, if he folds, not really sure what to do with this stack size. At best I'm racing, at worse, I'm a 4-1 dog heads up.

Option 3: Push for $20K to force out most of the range of the remaining 3 players and have some fold equity against UTG +2 who has limp folded multiple times in the tournament. My range for him here was all suited Aces, A-10o+, all broadway combos, and pairs 88 and below. I feel he'd probably raise with 99+, but maybe I'm being generous.

What would you do?

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

Standard shove spot. Anything else is just FPS and can get you into loads of problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Little View Post
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

Sergeant First Class
    PFO Points

JJ...That's exactly what I did. Flop 4, 5, 7 rainbow. Turn 9, river A. Villain had AQ...got my money in right...nothing else I could do after that point. Damn I'm running bad right now. I've busted out of the last 11 live tourneys being a minimum of an 85% favorite going to the river and have crapped out every time. 8 freaking bubblies out of 11 tourneys! When I was playing 5 or 6 per week that was easier to deal with but playing about 2 per month (or a little less), it really gets you down! I'm just hoping the swing back in the other direction will be in a big tournament for real money!

Sergeant
    PFO Points

That is the trouble with habitual limpers, they limp everything good and bad. It was just a shame you ran into the top of his range.

Thread Information