Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread: WSOP 1500 event

Private
    PFO Points

Default WSOP 1500 event

51 remaining, fairly stacked table. I've got 30 bbs , 12 min to level up. AK on btn. LAG pro UTG opens to 2.2, Kilian Kramer 3 bets to 7 bbs from the hijack. He has been 3 betting often taking advantage of his big stack. I cold 4 bet all in.

I'm willing to take a flip here to get a big stack. AK reduces the number of aces and kings in his value range and the big four bet keeps me from getting blown off my hand when I flop poorly. I'm the amature and short stack at this table, last in the breaking order. Scooping 11 or so blinds here is a pretty good result as well. Good idea or bad move?

Sergeant First Class
    PFO Points

The one thing that would concern me is that you're facing an UTG raiser and Kramer is raising said UTG raiser, making his range a bit stronger. Do you think he's raising light here? What range do you have him on?

Brigadier General
    PFO Points
    Blog Entries

You have AK. I'm not too concerned about his opening range unless he's a nit and only raising premium hands. Since he's labeled as a "LAG Pro" you would have to assume he's at least opening 7% - 10%.

And if your evaluation is correct, that the rest are better pros and you are the amateur player, you want to force them to have cards and play a riskier, higher variance game.

I like your shove in this spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Little View Post
    I typed out a nice long reply then I realized it said almost the exact same thing as jjpregler said right above me.

Private
    PFO Points

BetOnline Promo

He got caught a number of times pretty light, so I was fairly happy with the spot. UTG had also been getting well out of line, since I hold blockers I figured to be in good shape.

Thread Information