Welcome to PokerForums.org

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PFO Points

Default Live STT, vs a Lag

$25 STT 8 players top 2 pay, everyone starts 200 in chips. Blinds started at 1/2 but are 4/8 now.

6 players left Stack sizes are estimates

SB weak-tight ~180
    BB fishy fishy doubled up in first round AQ vs AK ~ 400
    UTG ~200
    Me ~170 I've seen AK like 3 times already, so I have been putting in a lot of raises, but giving up fairly easily when the other guy pushes the flop. (I've missed everyone)
    CO~300 LA-AG He's pushed 3-4 times after I've made a decent bet on the flop
    Button ~300

UTG limps I limp with Cutoff makes it 18 to go(barely more than a minraise) BB calls, UTG calls, I call. Okay, the limp is marginal at best. Ugh. Well I'm in in now.

This means to me the cutoff has two cards in his hand, thats about it. It's very likely has has a KJ/QJ/KT/KQ/AT/AJ type hand. He DOESN"T raise smallish pairs and he'd make a bigger raises with AQ+ 99+
    Flop:
    Check, Check, I check, Cutoff bets 40, folded to me. What's my play here?
    “There's no sense in being precise when you don't even know what you're talking about.” - John von Neumann

PFO Points

To me this looks like nothing more than a standard continuation bet. He missed his flop and is making the standard continuation play of about 1/2 pot. I'd be more concerned if the LAG had checked here. I lost count, so I don't know how many are left to act, but assuming its down to you and him I would come over the top here and try to get him to lay it down. If many are left in pot, then I would lean to a call.

A straight call would tell him you had a hand and he would stop pushing. But I don't like the call because if paint hits the board you would be afraid that he may have just hit, and now you would have a tough decision. He will also probably lead out again in this situation assuming that he could bluff you off on the turn.

You have the potential to lose alot of chips in this hand....the raise is a bit pricy, but you will know exactly where you stand, and I think you have a good shot of taking it down right now.

This is a little agressive, but I like to pick spots like this to make moves.

It's a close call, but I like the raise here.

PFO Points

I don't think you should be in the hand, but given that you are...

I'd reraise big at least 120, which may as well be allin.

You're being pushed about in the tourney and unless you push back it's going to be a long wait to blind out in 3rd or 4th.

Medford, MA... Covesville, VA in the summers
    PFO Points

Hmm. By my calculations the pot is 116, and your stack is 152. A raise clearly commits you to this pot, so you might as well go all-in here if you're going to raise (which I think you should -- all the points made so far have been good ones).
    "Last night I stayed up late playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
    -Stephen Wright

PFO Points

look into his soul.

flip over the 9, grab your whole stack, almost muck your cards, talk to him. i dno try to get anything out of him.

i honestly dont know what i would do. its either good or its not. its just a guess if you cant get anything from him. so i would fold and give him the benefit of the doubt.

since its a s/g with fish and decent strucuture and you still have 150 in chips im going to fold because you should be able to get your money in with a better spot
    it's better to be pissed off than pissed on
    missot on stars. come to my poker vent server! (its a voice chat program)

PFO Points

You say he doesn't raise with small pairs. Do you mean pocket pairs or board-assisted pairs? Or both? Will he BET with small pairs? If you he doesn't bet/raise with small pocket pairs, I suppose we could declare it unlikely that he has trips. If he did have trips or an overpair, would he have have bet more? You say he's loose-aggressive. Generally, I'd feel good about at least staying in with top pair against a loose player on a non-scary board. 'Course, your kicker sucks...

Sincerely,

A Fish Who Is Bracing Himself for Harsh Reprisal At Fundamental Errors In My Judgment/Analysis, Particularly given Bonch's Penchant for Insult/Sarcasm.

Daniel Negreanu
    PFO Points

fuck it, i have no clue, too situational. Fold or all-in.

Daniel Negreanu
    PFO Points

Quote Originally Posted by bonchkid
    (I've missed everyone)

And we have missed you too.

PFO Points

Ha ha ha ha.

Now that made me do the funny.

PFO Points

Lol Cute, you'll be as funny as Irexes "broad" comment. I laughed so hard at that
    “There's no sense in being precise when you don't even know what you're talking about.” - John von Neumann

Thread Information